To be admitted to the final exam, students must do the following:
- upload a digital copy of the thesis in PDF/A format by accessing - from UNIMIA -> SIFA Online Services -> Administrative services -> graduation application -> Thesis upload. You cannot apply for graduation without uploading the thesis within the deadline
- Create a PDF/A file of your thesis starting from a Word or LibreOffice document (follow instructions on the video tutorial)
Students enrolled in Milan-Genoa inter-university programmes who intend to graduate from the University of Genoa must notify the Humanities Student Desk within the deadline for online graduation application.
On 15 June 2023, the Managing Committee of the Faculty of Humanities approved new procedures regarding the final exam of its Bachelor’s degree programmes. These new procedures will be adopted, on a trial basis, for the second autumn session of the a. y. 2022/2023 (February 2024). Students will take the final exam in person and will receive their degree mark at the end of the final exam, thus completing their study programme.
Since the rooms designated for the final exam can host a limited number of people, each degree candidate can have a maximum of three relatives/friends present during the final exam. Graduates will receive their diploma during a public graduation ceremony, which will be held in the following weeks. Date and place of the graduation ceremony will be communicated later on.
Master’s students are still required to take the final exam in person and will be awarded the degree on the same date, right after defending their thesis.
There are three graduation sessions per year, for both Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes:
- Summer session
- Autumn session
- Winter session.
In the Deadlines and calendars section you will find the dates for each session and all the steps required to take the final exam.
Students who graduate by the third session of the academic year need not pay the first instalment for the next academic year.
To graduate students must:
- Be current with tuition and fees until the last year of enrolment
- Pass all the exams required by your last approved study plan, within the deadlines
- Agree on the thesis title with your supervisor before applying for graduation
- Apply for graduation and pay the graduation fee
- Fill in the upcoming graduate survey
- Comply with programme-specific formalities and deadlines for each session
The graduation application must be submitted online by the deadline set for your session. Do not hand it in to the Student Registrar.
The payment of the € 116.00 graduation fee (including the € 16.00 stamp duty) may be made through Pago PA:
- when submitting the online application, or
- after submitting the graduation application, through the payment service
Upcoming graduate survey
Upcoming graduates are required to fill in the survey within the term set for each session.
You can access the survey only after submitting the graduation application.
Failure to fill in the survey by the deadline will result in exclusion from the graduation session.
Deadlines, procedures and graduation calendars
Deadlines, calendars and procedures are different depending on the degree programme.
Each application is valid for a single exam session.
Students who forfeit an exam must promptly notify the Registrar through the Informastudenti Service. Students must submit another application through the online procedure, indicating the newly chosen exam session.
Once paid, the graduation fee is valid for the new session also. Postponements are not allowed.
Deadlines for completing exams and earning all required credits (CFU/ECTS):
- Summer graduation session: all exams must be completed by the end of the first exam session following the second semester classes (end of May/beginning of June);
- Autumn graduation session:
- 1st round: all exams must be completed by the end of the September exam session;
- 2nd round: all exams must be completed by the end of the December exam session
- Winter graduation session: all exams must be completed by the end of the winter exam session (January/February)
Deadline for submitting the final paper/thesis (for all graduation sessions): usually one month before the beginning of each graduation session
- Final exams: from 4 to 12 July 2024
- Online application for graduation: to be defined
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: to be defined
- Deadline for completing exams: to be defined
- Online thesis submission (only on completed exams): to be defined
- Final exams:13 and 14 November 2023 (morning and afternoon)
- Online application for graduation: from 21 August 2023 to 25 September 2023
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 25 September 2023
- Deadline for completing exams and obtaining all CFU: 15 September 2023
- Online thesis submission: from 21 August 2023 to 12 October 2023
- Final exams: 13 and 14 February 2024 (morning and afternoon)
- Online application for graduation: from 1 December 2023 to 8 January 2024
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: 8 January 2024
- Deadline for completing exams and obtaining all CFU: 21 December 2023
- Online thesis submission: from 1 December 2023 to 10 January 2024
- Final exams: from 15 to 30 Aprile 2024
- Online application for graduation: from 1 to 29 February 2024
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: from 1 to 29 February 2024
- Deadline for completing exams and all CFU: 9 February 2024
- Online thesis submission (only on completed exams): from 1 February to 18 March 2024
The calendar will be published approximately on 29 of January 2024.